Find a corrupt port

Doug Barton dougb at FreeBSD.org
Sun Feb 27 03:43:57 UTC 2011

On 02/26/2011 08:34, Sergio de Almeida Lenzi wrote:
> I use this script to get rid of the problem
> the script detects @pkgdep record without argument
> and deletes it from the +CONTENTS file in the /var/db/pkg/* directory
>
> for i in /var/db/pkg/*/+CONTENTS
> do
> 	if grep -q "@pkgdep $" $i
> 	then
> 		sed -i "" -e "/@pkgdep $/d" $i
> 		echo nullpkg in $i
> 	fi
> done

The problem with this is that dependencies are actually recorded as a
pair. For example:

@pkgdep pkg-config-0.25_1
@comment DEPORIGIN:devel/pkg-config

Someone else already was kind enough to mention 'portmaster
--check-depends' which will prompt you to do the right thing and/or
notify you about ports that you need to reinstall.

hth,

Doug

			-- OK Go