how to bootstrap libtool?

Michael Scheidell michael.scheidell at secnap.com
Wed Feb 9 18:28:10 UTC 2011

ports/porters experts:

I have a port that needs libnet11-config.

need it to set options.

if libnet11-config is there, the options set correctly.

LIBNET_CONFIG?=                ${LOCALBASE}/bin/libnet11-config
LIBNET_CFLAGS!= ${LIBNET_CONFIG} --cflags
LIBNET_LIBS!=   ${LIBNET_CONFIG} --libs
LIBNET_INCDIR=  ${LIBNET_CFLAGS:M-I*:S/-I//}
LIBNET_LIBDIR=  ${LIBNET_LIBS:M-L*:S/-L//}

if not, well, you can see.

I can (and do) have libnet>11 as a dependency, but by then, its too late.

do I need to run makefile TWICE? what does this do to nightly package
builds?

how do I bootstrap it to install libnet11 EARLY if its not there?

--
Michael Scheidell, CTO
o: 561-999-5000
 >*| *SECNAP Network Security Corporation

    * Certified SNORT Integrator
    * Best in Email Security,2010: Network Products Guide
    * King of Spam Filters, SC Magazine 2008