Request for new port review: TortoiseHG.

Sunpoet Hsieh sunpoet at sunpoet.net
Wed Feb 9 13:43:21 UTC 2011

On Wed, Feb 9, 2011 at 5:15 PM, arrowdodger <6yearold at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Tue, Feb 8, 2011 at 9:29 PM, Sunpoet Hsieh <sunpoet at sunpoet.net> wrote:
>>
>> Hi,
>>
>> First of all, I suggest to set PORTNAME=tortoisehg
>> If you do want to add -hgtk suffix, you may set PKGNAMESUFFIX=-hgtk
>> instead.
>> It makes portlint happier.
>> It also simplifies Makefile since DISTNAME is already the default value.
>
> Well, i added -hgtk because TortoiseHG 2.0 (which will be released at March)
> will be using PyQT, but current GTK version will be supported as long as it
> is used. So, user will be able to choose between hgtk if he prefers GTK or
> pyqt if he likes Qt. It is not an option for a port, but two different
> programs and they can be installed simultaneously.
> Maybe the port itself should be called tortoisehg-hgtk?

It looks like you'll have two ports, version 1 and 2, and these two
ports do not conflict with each other.
IMHO, I would simply use devel/tortoisehg1 for version 1 and
devel/tortoisehg for upcoming version 2.
You do not need to add -gtk or -pyqt suffix to emphasize the use of GTK or Qt.

>> In your case, it can be done without extra patch files.
>>
>> .if !defined(WITH_NAUTILUS)
>>        @${REINPLACE_CMD} -e '153,154 D' ${WRKSRC}/${PYSETUP}
>> .endif
>> .if !defined(WITH_NLS)
>>        @${REINPLACE_CMD} -e '150,152 D' ${WRKSRC}/${PYSETUP}
>> .endif
>
> That's definetely nicer than any patches.
>
>> Here, I suggest a shorter option name "NAUTILUS" instead of
>> "NAUTILUS_EXTENSION".
>> Also, for PLIST_SUB, I think "NLS" is OK for most ports.
>>
>> .if !defined(WITH_NLS)
>> PLIST_SUB+=     NLS="@comment "
>> .else
>> PLIST_SUB+=     NLS=""
>> .endif
>
> Will do.
>

>> > 2. The port also installs *.egg-info file and i'm not sure how to
>> > include it
>> > in the plist.
>>
>> You should set PYDISTUTILS_EGGINFO=<egg-info files>.
>> bsd.python.mk will add them to PLIST automatically.
>>
>> PYDISTUTILS_EGGINFO defaults to tortoisehg-1.1.9.1-py2.6.egg-info.
>> (when PORTNAME=tortoisehg)
>
> What if PORTNAME!=tortoisehg? I mean, if i'm setting PYDISTUTILS_EGGINFO,
> where should i obtain that -py2.6- part?

PYDISTUTILS_EGGINFO defaults to
${PYDISTUTILS_PKGNAME:C/[^A-Za-z0-9.]+/_/g}-${PYDISTUTILS_PKGVERSION:C/[^A-Za-z0-9.]+/_/g}-${PYTHON_VERSION:S/thon//}.egg-info
(Mk/bsd.python.mk, around line 509)

For Python versions, see PYTHON_VERSION, PYTHON_PORTVERSION and PYTHON_VER.
(Mk/bsd.python.mk, around line 372-410)

--
  Sunpoet Po-Chuan Hsieh <sunpoet at sunpoet.net> <sunpoet at FreeBSD.org>
          4096R/CC57E36B 8AD8 68F2 7D2B 0A10 7E9B 8CC0 DC44 247E CC57 E36B