xfce 4.8pre3 preview

Gary Jennejohn gljennjohn at googlemail.com
Tue Feb 1 17:09:33 UTC 2011

On Tue, 1 Feb 2011 10:27:03 +0100
Gour <gour at atmarama.net> wrote:

> p.s. I plan to install snapshot of PC-BSD 9.0 snapshot, so I can
> assume your port will be available in CURRENT?

The ports tree isn't tied to a particular version of FreeBSD, e.g. there
is no ports-8.2 or ports-CURRENT.  You always get the latest version of
ports when you update the tree (assuming you use a cvsup mirror).

AFAIK PC-BSD uses its own ports packaging technology so I'm not sure that
you really get support for the most recent ports tree with it.  Since
I don't use it myself I could be wrong.

--
Gary Jennejohn