redports.org - The public FreeBSD ports development infrastructure

Bernhard Fröhlich decke at bluelife.at
Fri Dec 30 09:19:14 UTC 2011

On Do., 29. Dez. 2011 17:55:06 CET, Marin Atanasov Nikolov <dnaeon at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Thu, Dec 29, 2011 at 6:08 PM, Frank Laszlo <frank at franksworld.org>
> wrote:
> > On 12/29/11 6:44 AM, Bernhard Froehlich wrote:
> > >
> > > Hi Porters!
> > >
> > > I am happy to announce that redports.org has finally
> > > reached the point where I think It's safe to be used
> > > by everybody!
> >

> > FYI, I'm getting a 502 bad gateway error when loading the page.
> >

> Me too :(
>
> BTW, has anyone considered evaluating Jenkins [1] for doing the same
> thing?
>
> Jenkins is quite interesting IMO, and is worth testing it out :)
>
> [1] http://jenkins-ci.org/
>
> Regards,
> Marin

I spend a few months planning and researching how to best implement the idea in a way that fits into the FreeBSD ecosystem. Throwing that all away and using a java based finished product will take a lot more time to only reimplement the status quo.

Redports has been designed with care to heavily use Tinderbox and ZFS for actual building and only reimplement what is really needed. The result is easily extendable and written in C, shell and python for the Trac plugin.

http://svn.bluelife.at/index.cgi/redports/browse/trunk