salt rc.d scripts (Was: RUN_DEPENDS for python based port)
Chris Rees
crees at freebsd.org
Fri Dec 23 15:08:58 UTC 2011
On 23 December 2011 02:28, Christer Edwards <christer.edwards at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Thu, Dec 22, 2011 at 7:01 PM, Doug Barton <dougb at freebsd.org> wrote:
>> Try doing s/-/_/ for all the $name variables. I think that's what's
>> causing your problem.
>
> I did a little more testing (and I added the Makefile and .in file
> suggestions). I can now get it to run consistently if I change $name
> to use all underscores, and also update $command to 'salt-master'
> instead of $name. Definitely something funny about having dashes in
> the name I guess.
Just for your enlightenment, I suggest you read the sh manpage section
on 'Parameter Expansion' very carefully, and you will soon see why
you're not allowed hyphens in variable names :)
Chris
More information about the freebsd-ports
mailing list