salt rc.d scripts (Was: RUN_DEPENDS for python based port)

Doug Barton dougb at FreeBSD.org
Fri Dec 23 02:04:56 UTC 2011

On 12/22/2011 18:01, Greg Larkin wrote:
> On 12/22/11 8:34 PM, Christer Edwards wrote:
>> On Thu, Dec 22, 2011 at 5:45 PM, Doug Barton <dougb at freebsd.org> wrote:
>>> There are some style problems and one real bug that are repeated for all
>>> 3 scripts. I attached a fixed version of one of them, hopefully that
>>> will help you see what's needed to fix the other 2. Also, please review
>>> http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/porters-handbook/rc-scripts.html,
>>> especially the pre-commit checklist.
>
>> I made the changes you suggested and tried a fresh build of the port
>> inside of a jail. Below is a pastebin of trying to start the
>> service(s) just after installation.
>
>> http://pastebin.com/raw.php?i=2wGBk0PY
>
>> thanks
>
> Hi Christer,
>
> The salt-master script is interpreted by Python, so I believe you'll
> need the following in your rc.d script:
>
> command_interpreter="%%PYTHON_CMD%%"
>
> and the proper SUB_LIST setting in the Makefile.  Check the py-fail2ban
> port for some pointers on that.

Yeah, that should help with stopping the service, and is one of the
reasons why I suggested reviewing the PH page for rc.d scripts. :) I'm
not sure it's what is causing the startup problem though.

Doug

--

		[^L]