RUN_DEPENDS for python based port

Ruslan Mahmatkhanov cvs-src at yandex.ru
Thu Dec 22 20:32:29 UTC 2011

Christer Edwards wrote on 22.12.2011 23:54:
> On Thu, Dec 22, 2011 at 2:43 AM, Ruslan Mahmatkhanov <cvs-src at yandex.ru> wrote:
>> Sorry for delay. Please review this patch:
>> http://people.freebsd.org/~rm/salt.diff.txt
>>
>> it fixes:
>> - fetch (FETCH_ARGS added, that i noted erlier)
>> - build (you mistyped py-Jinja2 dependency)
>> - python version changed to 2.6-2.7
>> - whitespace issue (spotted by portlint)
>> - man-pages install
>> - configuration files install
>> - missing files in pkg-plist
>
> Wow. Thank you for those fixes!
>
> Everything seems to build correctly for me now, but I'm wondering if I
> didn't apply the setup.py patch properly because I'm still not getting
> the config files. Do you think you could tell me how setup.py patch is
> supposed to be used from files/?
>
> Thanks

Here is updated tarball (couple of lines in pkg-plist fixed dealing with
config files): http://people.freebsd.org/~rm/salt.tbz

Config files (master and minion) installed into /usr/local/etc/salt/ by
default:

[rm at smeshariki3 /tmp]> ls -l /usr/local/etc/salt/
total 16
-rw-r--r--  1 root  wheel  6223 28 ноя 02:14 master
-rw-r--r--  1 root  wheel  4242 25 окт 08:48 minion

Btw, i'd prefer to patch setup.py once again to install them with
'.sample' postfix. User will need to copy them into just `master' and
`minion' to make it work. This will guarantee that user will not lost
their configuration while upgrading salt to new version from ports.

You should change this block in setup.py:
     data_files=[(os.path.join(etc_path, 'salt'),
                    ['conf/master',
                     'conf/minion',
                    ]),
Just add '.sample' postfix to this file names. And similar change in
pkg-plist:
%%ETCDIR%%/master.sample
%%ETCDIR%%/minion.sample
instead of