Stop in /usr/ports/multimedia/x264

Kevin Oberman kob6558 at gmail.com
Thu Dec 22 16:38:19 UTC 2011

On Thu, Dec 22, 2011 at 1:32 AM, Martin Matuska <mm at freebsd.org> wrote:
> Say, did you look at the port recently? :-)
>
> I have added bash as a build dependency and use it for the configure script.
>
> There are two ways I can solve this in general:
> 1.) add bash as a build dependency and use it for configure (I have
> chosen this for now, already committed)
> 2.) patch configure and remove/replace constructs unsupported by /bin/sh
> (e.g. "==" or [[ ]])

Thanks for the quick fix, but I am still baffled as to why it built
correctly on two of my three systems where it's installed. All three
complained about the '[[' type constructs, but only one spit out the
"x264_CSP|all" error and al of the other completed the build. It is
possible that the build was not quite right as a result of the errors,
but why did only one fail completely?

The only thing I can think of is that the failing system is the
oldest, running 8.2 while the others were running 9.0-RC2 and
9.0-Beta3.

Again, thanks again for the quick fix. I tend to prefer #2 if there is
no real reason for bash, but almost all systems used for multimedia
work already have bash installed, so it's not a big deal.
--
R. Kevin Oberman, Network Engineer
E-mail: kob6558 at gmail.com