Stop in /usr/ports/multimedia/x264

Kevin Oberman kob6558 at gmail.com
Thu Dec 22 05:36:18 UTC 2011

On Thu, Dec 22, 2011 at 3:03 AM,  <perryh at pluto.rain.com> wrote:
> Kevin Oberman <kob6558 at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> I see the following errors during the configure stage:
>> ===>  Configuring for x264-0.119.2113
>> [[: not found
>
> That sure looks as if the configure script needs to be run with bash.
>
> files/patch-configure does this:
>
>  -#!/bin/bash
>  +#!/bin/sh
>
> which presumes that the script does not actually need bash extensions.
> However, since it does seem to need those extensions, that part of the
> patch should be
>
>  -#!/bin/bash
>  +#!/usr/local/bin/bash
>
> and bash needs to be added as a build dependency.  (Alternatively, the
> configure script could be patched to not use the [[ bash builtin.)
>
> Maintainer already in Cc: list.

Hmm. I just noticed the mm@ removed patch-configure from the port as
the upstream now uses sh. So there is a problem, but it is not with
the port. Looks like the upstream switched to sh, but sis not remove
all of the "bash"isms.

I edited configure to change from sh to bash and that makes it
configure and build correctly. Looks like the configure script needs a
bit of love to work correctly with sh, though I still am baffled as to
why if built on 2 systems and failed on one.
--
R. Kevin Oberman, Network Engineer
E-mail: kob6558 at gmail.com