x11/xcb-util downgraded?

Conrad J. Sabatier conrads at cox.net
Sun Dec 18 16:35:02 UTC 2011

On Sat, 17 Dec 2011 11:18:04 +0000
Chris Rees <crees at freebsd.org> wrote:

> On 17 December 2011 10:47, Denise H. G. <darcsis at gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > Hi all
> >
> >   With the version bump of x11/xcb-util, some ports seems to be
> > broken. However, after recompiling x11/startup-notification, and
> > all the ports that depend on x11/startup-notification, everything
> > will be OK.
> >
> >   And x11/startup-notification needs to be set to depend on
> >   x11/xcb-util, whose library is 'xcb-util.0' insead of
> > 'xcb-aux.o'startup-notification
> >
> >   Hope this will work.
>
> Thanks for reporting-- this problem is known [1] and affects many
> ports. A 'proper' solution will come soon!
>
> Chris

Hmm, could this be why my attempt to upgrade claws-mail just now failed
with:

libtool: link: cannot find the library `/usr/local/lib/libxcb-aux.la'
or unhandled argument `/usr/local/lib/libxcb-aux.la'
gmake[4]: *** [claws-mail] Error 1

I checked and libxcb-aux.la indeed does not exist, although I did find
an old *.so version under /usr/local/lib/compat/pkg.

OK, I just rebuilt all of my *xcb* ports after making the suggested
changes in x11/startup-notification and, sure enough, claws-mail now
compiles successfully.

Thanks!

--
Conrad J. Sabatier