pr# for 9->10 problem?

Ion-Mihai Tetcu itetcu at FreeBSD.org
Thu Dec 15 00:21:12 UTC 2011

On Sat, 10 Dec 2011 09:35:03 -0500
Robert Huff <roberthuff at rcn.com> wrote:

> Doug Barton writes:
>
> >  >>  Read /usr/ports/UPDATING?
> >  >
> >  > 	If you mean 20110928 - that identifies the problem, and
> >  > provides workarounds, but does not name the pr.
> >
> >  What are you trying to accomplish?
>
> 	I have some machines that I would like to update, but would
> prefer to hold off until a non-workaround solution is in place.
> (Understanding this may take some time.)  I would like to see the
> pr(s?) so I can understand what obstacles remain and when an
> acceptable solution might happen.

We'll be doing full builds on pointyhat from time to time with the
bsd.port.mk hack disabled to have a list of not-fixed ports and ping
maintainers/upstream about fixing them.

It's going to take a lot of time to get them all fixed upstream.

FreeBSD committer -> itetcu at FreeBSD.org, PGP Key ID 057E9F8B493A297B