Porting application with RUN_DEPENDS and extra knobs

Muhammad Moinur Rahman 5u623l20 at gmail.com
Thu Dec 1 19:55:18 UTC 2011

Hi,

I am trying to port one of our Home Brew application for FreeBSD as we are
moving towards BSD from Linux. Now while creating the Makefile for creating
a port I am in a trouble. I want to automate the full script. My
application has RUN_DEPENDS for perl. And perl should be built with
PERL_64BITINT, THREADS and USE_PERL knobs for my application to work. Is
there any way I can force from my Makefile to build and install perl with
the above mentioned knobs.

I have thought of creating a patch file and changing the knobs
in /var/db/ports/<PKG NAME>/options. But is there any official way to
handle this?

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Moin