FreeBSD Port: openvpn-2.2.1

Miroslav Lachman 000.fbsd at quip.cz
Tue Aug 30 16:40:43 UTC 2011

Hi,

I noticed a problem with rc script for openvpn-2.2.1 on recent FreeBSD
8-STABLE (Aug 13 20:33:31 CEST 2011).
It failed to restart if I have the following in rc.conf

openvpn_bp_office_if="tap bridge"

# service openvpn_bp_office restart
Stopping openvpn_bp_office.
Waiting for PIDS: 75580.
kldload: can't load if_bridge: File exists
/usr/local/etc/rc.d/openvpn_bp_office: WARNING: Could not load bridge
module.
/usr/local/etc/rc.d/openvpn_bp_office: WARNING: failed precmd routine
for openvpn_bp_office

The problem is, that if_bridge.ko is already loaded, but the kldload
routine in rc script will not detect it, because if_bridge has not
debug.if_bridge_debug sysctl entry. (older version of rc script works
fine with kldstat -m if_bridge)

So I have a question - why the rc script is not using required_modules
variable from /etc/rc.subr which is there exactly for this purpose?

Miroslav Lachman