cvs commit: ports/mail/procmail Makefile

Matthias Andree mandree at FreeBSD.org
Tue Aug 30 11:06:54 UTC 2011

Am 30.08.2011 10:23, schrieb Sunpoet Po-Chuan Hsieh:
> sunpoet     2011-08-30 08:23:18 UTC
>
>   FreeBSD ports repository
>
>   Modified files:
>     mail/procmail        Makefile
>   Log:
>   - Take maintainership
>
>   Revision  Changes    Path
>   1.60      +1 -1      ports/mail/procmail/Makefile

I was just about to grab the port, deprecate and set two months
expiration date.

Now that you're maintaining it I seek you to please let this
unmaintained unclean code from our FreeBSD ports world and deprecate it.

The code is unmaintainable, hasn't seen maintenance in a decade,
is hard to use properly because of its fall-through "error handling"
(actually nonhandling) behaviour, and should finally disappear.

Please add

DEPRECATED=		use mail/maildrop instead
EXPIRATION_DATE=	2011-10-31

maildrop (courier's filtering agent) has been around for nearly as long
and works well.

Thank you.

Best,
Matthias