MASTER_SITE_SOURCEFORGE: how do *you* handle it?

Conrad J. Sabatier conrads at cox.net
Mon Aug 29 02:05:18 UTC 2011

I'm wondering how other ports maintainers are dealing with their
definitions of MASTER_SITES=, DISTFILES=, DISTNAME=, etc. with regards
to Sourceforge.

In browsing a number of projects recently on Sourceforge, I've noticed
that the paths to project distfiles are now using the element
"projects" rather than "project".

What I'm looking for is how to declare things in a clean and elegant
fashion in a port's Makefile to handle these cases, one that will
hopefully not require any revisions for later upgrades.  Is it necessary
to just scrap the "SF" definition entirely and hardcode the URL?

In addition, I've run across a few projects that use slightly differing
versions of the project name, either somewhere in the path or for the
distfile name itself.  For example, looking at the "scidvspc" project
earlier today, I noticed this:

The link for the distfile is defined as:

http://sourceforge.net/projects/scidvspc/files/source/scid_vs_pc-4.5.tgz/download

Clicking the download link, one is presented with alternatives in case
the download doesn't start automatically.

The "mirror" link:

https://sourceforge.net/settings/mirror_choices?projectname=scidvspc&filename=source/scid_vs_pc-4.5.tgz

The "direct link":

https://downloads.sourceforge.net/project/scidvspc/source/scid_vs_pc-4.5.tgz?r=&ts=1314582468&use_mirror=superb-sea2

Frankly, I'm baffled as to how our current definition of
"MASTER_SITES=SF/<something>" is supposed to handle all of this.

Can anyone point me towards a source of enlightenment?  :-)

Thanks!

--
Conrad J. Sabatier
conrads at cox.net