mail/postfix-policyd-spf relies on vulnerable mail/libspf2-10

Doug Barton dougb at FreeBSD.org
Sun Aug 28 00:01:12 UTC 2011

On 08/27/2011 15:36, Uffe R. B. Andersen wrote:
> Den 27-08-2011 23:05, Doug Barton skrev:
>>> libspf2 port is currently libspf2-1.2.9_1 and according to the
>>> page you refer to, the vulnerability affects libspf2 <1.2.8.
>
>> Yes, that was my point. :)  mail/libspf2-10 and mail/libspf2 are
>> different ports. mail/postfix-policyd-spf currently relies on the
>> former, it needs to be fixed to work with the latter instead.
>
> Sorry for missing that point, but as mail/libspf2-10 and mail/libspf2
> are different ports, why should vulnerabilities listed for only one of
> them apply for both?

I appreciate your responses, but I think you're missing one or more
large'ish pieces of the puzzle. Here is what I'm seeing with an up to
date portaudit db:

portaudit -a
Affected package: libspf2-1.0.4_1
Type of problem: libspf2 -- Buffer overflow.
Reference:
http://portaudit.FreeBSD.org/2ddbfd29-a455-11dd-a55e-00163e000016.html

pkg_info -qo libspf2-1.0.4_1
mail/libspf2-10

pkg_info -R libspf2-1.0.4_1
Information for libspf2-1.0.4_1:

Required by:
postfix-policyd-spf-1.0.1_3

cd /usr/ports/mail/libspf2-10/
make -V PKGNAME
libspf2-1.0.4_1

The solution here is that postfix-policyd-spf needs to be updated to not
rely on a vulnerable version of libspf2.

Doug

- --

			-- OK Go