Problem with nvidia-driver and "X" after upgrade

Robert Huff roberthuff at rcn.com
Sat Aug 27 13:16:32 UTC 2011

Michal Varga articulated:

>> This is a known phenomena with everything when having your OS sources
>> and your live OS out of sync.
>
>  Define "everything" Obviously, not everything suffers from this
>  problem. In fact, lacking proof otherwise, I would tend to
>  believe that this is a niche problem.

	This would be the second case I know of; the other is "lsof".
	Other ports determine what the OS looks like by consulting
/inter alia/ /usr/include/ and /usr/local/include/, which are
by definition expected to match the running kernel+world.
	I have never understood why anyone would use anything else.

	Respectfully,

				Robert Huff