audio/amarok: make TRYBROKEN=yes reinstall worked!

Conrad J. Sabatier conrads at cox.net
Sat Aug 27 10:10:07 UTC 2011

On Sat, 27 Aug 2011 11:03:46 +0200
Matthias Andree <matthias.andree at gmx.de> wrote:

> Am 27.08.2011 10:52, schrieb Conrad J. Sabatier:
> > As the subject line states, I just managed to rebuild and reinstall
> > audio/amarok with no glitches whatsoever.
> >
> > # uname -a
> > FreeBSD serene.no-ip.org 9.0-BETA1 FreeBSD 9.0-BETA1 #7: Thu Aug 25
> > 01:47:03 CDT 2011
> > conrads at serene.no-ip.org:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/CUSTOM  amd64
> >
> > So, what exactly is broken about this port?
> >

> Reading the actual output or the Makefile helps:
>
> .if ${RUBY_VER} == 1.9
> BROKEN=	does not build with ruby 1.9
> .endif

Well, yes, of course, I saw that, but the port does, in fact, build
just fine.

> So, related questions:
>
> - is Ruby 1.9 the only Ruby version on your system?

No, I have both 1.8 and 1.9.

> - does your newly-built Amarok _use_ Ruby? Or did the configuration or
> build weazel out of it?
>
> - do Ruby-related features _work properly_ in your Amarok build?
>
> Then and only then we can remove this BROKEN= tag.

# pkg_info -r amarok-1.4.10_14|grep ruby
Dependency: ruby-1.9.2.290_1,1

I know at least one amarok script bugs out on me (lyric-wiki).  But
otherwise, functionality seems quite normal.

Couldn't we use a USE_RUBY=1.8 knob or something, if necessary?

I'm personally of the opinion that if a particular script won't work
with ruby 1.9, it's the script that needs fixing.  YMMV.

--
Conrad J. Sabatier
conrads at cox.net