FreeBSD Port of sc-7.61_1

Ruslan Mahmatkhanov cvs-src at yandex.ru
Fri Aug 26 18:19:11 UTC 2011

David T-G wrote on 26.08.2011 21:44:
> Johan --
>
> I would like to compile sc, the spreadsheet calculator, but I am having
> trouble with the port.  The port on my system for 6.21 cannot find the
> sources when it goes to download.  I searched the ports list and found
> the 7.16 port listed (with your name as the maintainer), but could not
> download the sources.  When I tried downloading the tarball for my ports
> directory, I get
>
>    davidtg at madi:/usr/ports/math/sc>  sudo make
>    ===>   Vulnerability check disabled, database not found
>    =>  sc-7.16.tar.gz is not in /usr/ports/math/sc/distinfo.
>    =>  Either /usr/ports/math/sc/distinfo is out of date, or
>    =>  sc-7.16.tar.gz is spelled incorrectly.
>    *** Error code 1
>
>    Stop in /usr/ports/math/sc.
>
> when I try to build it.
>
> Any idea how I can get this venerable spreadsheet?  [BTW, I get
>
>    davidtg at madi:/tmp/sc-6.21>  make
>    cc -s cmds.o crypt.o format.o gram.o help.o interp.o lex.o range.o sc.o
>    screen.o version.o vi.o vmtbl.o xmalloc.o -lm -lcurses -lPW -o sc
>    /usr/libexec/elf/ld: cannot find -lPW
>    *** Error code 1
>
>    Stop in /tmp/sc-6.21.
>
> when I try to compile; I'd as happily build that copy :-]
>

> TIA&  HAND
>
> :-D

It's strange enough. All is fine for me:
smeshariki2# pwd
/usr/ports/math/sc
smeshariki2# make fetch
===>  License check disabled, port has not defined LICENSE
=> sc-7.16.tar.gz doesn't seem to exist in /usr/ports/distfiles/.
=> Attempting to fetch
http://www.ibiblio.org/pub/Linux/apps/financial/spreadsheet/sc-7.16.tar.gz
sc-7.16.tar.gz                                100% of  205 kB  149 kBps

You may try this:
# wget
http://www.ibiblio.org/pub/Linux/apps/financial/spreadsheet/sc-7.16.tar.gz
-O /usr/ports/distfiles/sc-7.16.tar.gz

And then do `make install` in /usr/ports/math/sc

--
Regards,
Ruslan

Tinderboxing kills... the drives.