vbox-manager shows nissan.de as background

Bernhard Froehlich decke at FreeBSD.org
Thu Aug 25 09:23:01 UTC 2011

On Wed, 24 Aug 2011 23:38:59 +0200, Norbert Augenstein wrote:
> Hi list,
>
>     i was suprised to see the nissan.de webpage starting up
>     in the background of my Virtualbox-Manager window.
>     I coud not create a screenshot, i had to use my camera:)
>
>     www.augenstein.net/auge/vbox_nissan.jpg
>

>     rebuilding vbox and/or the kernel module does not help.
>     Does anyone else see this?

This looks a lot like an known nvidia rendering corruption problem that
I have also seen on Linux. There is some common setting for xorg.conf to
disable some option but I cannot recall which one exactly right now.
I've also learned quite recently that a similar problem exists for Intel
IGP and they also have an xorg.conf option for that.

--
Bernhard Froehlich
http://www.bluelife.at/