Deprecation: round3

perryh at pluto.rain.com perryh at pluto.rain.com
Wed Aug 3 02:12:51 UTC 2011

Baptiste Daroussin <bapt at freebsd.org> wrote:

> For the third time, I'm running a deprecation campaign to
> remove old, unmaintain and/or problematic stuff from the
> ports tree (ports@)
>
> As usual I may be wrong there maybe some false positive,
> I sharpened a bit my analysis scripts so there should be
> less false positive in the deprecated ports.
>
> While here I have fix and will fix lots of ports master_sites that
> would be great if you fix as much master sites as you can, this
> website may help: http://people.freebsd.org/~ehaupt/distilator/

What, exactly, is the significance of the list at
http://people.freebsd.org/~ehaupt/distilator/ports@FreeBSD.org-bad.html
beyond that the ports listed there are unmaintained?

"make fetch" succeeded for every one of the ~150 ports that
I tried from that list, using the first site it attempted in
the considerable majority of cases.