devel/icu... help... ?

Doug Barton dougb at FreeBSD.org
Tue Aug 2 23:21:27 UTC 2011

On 08/02/2011 15:34, JoelFRodriguez wrote:
> Are you serious? Upgrading the OS on a production machine is a really steep
> price to pay. I've over a thousand working ports and numerous customers that
> I would have to port afterwards.

FreeBSD 6 has been EOL since November 30, 2010. We have been encouraging
users to move to a newer branch since long before that. It's awesome
that often things work past the EOL date, but we definitely do not
encourage users to rely on that.

We all understand how difficult it is to migrate, but sometimes it's
necessary.

Good luck,

Doug

			-- OK Go