FreeBSD Port: postfix-2.8.4,1

Sahil Tandon sahil at FreeBSD.org
Mon Aug 1 23:47:40 UTC 2011

On Mon, 2011-08-01 at 12:55:33 +0200, Miroslav Lachman wrote:

> Hi, I upgraded postfix-2.8.3,1 to postfix-2.8.4,1 yesterday and today
> I realized, that postfix is nolonger in my manualy defined group
> (maildirs:*:3125:postfix). I use this setting for many years without
> problem.  After the change to "use the ports framework to create USERS
> and GROUPS" it means broken installation after upgrade.

I am sorry you are having trouble, but this appears to be a regression
in the framework rather than a problem specific to mail/postfix.

> 1] I don't think it is good to touch user's customizations in users or
> groups especially removing something silently

Yes.

> 2] If something like this change happend, it should be mentioned in
> UPDATING

Yes.

> Am I forced to do manual work (adding postfix to my group) after each
> upgrade?

You shouldn't be.  I believe ohauer@ is already looking at the framework
to fix this issue more structurally.  Thanks for your report.

--
Sahil Tandon <sahil at FreeBSD.org>