FreeBSD Port: postfix-2.8.4,1

Olli Hauer ohauer at FreeBSD.org
Mon Aug 1 20:21:56 UTC 2011

On 2011-08-01 12:55, Miroslav Lachman wrote:
> Hi,
> I upgraded postfix-2.8.3,1 to postfix-2.8.4,1 yesterday and today I
> realized, that postfix is nolonger in my manualy defined group
> (maildirs:*:3125:postfix). I use this setting for many years without
> problem.
>
> After the change to "use the ports framework to create USERS and
> GROUPS" it means broken installation after upgrade.
>
> 1] I don't think it is good to touch user's customizations in users
> or groups especially removing something silently
>
> 2] If something like this change happend, it should be mentioned in
> UPDATING
>
> Am I forced to do manual work (adding postfix to my group) after
> each upgrade?
>
> Miroslav Lachman

Hi Miroslav,

what do you mean with "postfix is nolonger in my manualy defined group"?

In the postfix port there was no code to remove the postfix user from
any group or delete the postfix user.
If my speculation is correct and this was not a fresh install, then the
postfix user is now member of the groups *mail, postfix and maildirs*.

olli