netpbm-10.35.80_2

Nikola Pavlović nzp at riseup.net
Fri Apr 29 01:55:51 UTC 2011

On Thu, Apr 28, 2011 at 08:20:28AM -0700, David Wolfskill wrote:
> On Thu, Apr 28, 2011 at 10:49:12AM -0400, Jerry wrote:
> > The "netpbm-10.35.80_2" port won't build. There is a notation that the
> > previous version has to be removed first. I saw something here a few
> > days ago regarding that problem. Is the recommended method to do a
> > "make deinstall && make reinstall" to get the updated port installed? I
> > know that portupgrade chocks on the port if a previous version is
> > installed.
>
> As (I) documented in ports/156577, what worked for me was:
>
> 	pkg_delete -f netpbm-10.26.64_4
> 	portmaster graphics/netpbm
>
> I subsequently heard from one person who reported that this did not work
> for him.
>
> For convenince: <http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/query-pr.cgi?pr=156577>.

Yes, there was an error in the makefile.  I had to leave the machine and
didn't have time to investigate further, but it was fixed later that
day[1][2], and the deinstall/install procedure worked fine after that.

[1] <http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/query-pr.cgi?pr=156598>
[2]
<http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/cvsweb.cgi/ports/graphics/netpbm/Makefile.diff?r1=1.195;r2=1.196;f=h>

--
Hark ye, Clinker, you are a most notorious offender.  You stand
convicted of sickness, hunger, wretchedness, and want.