How are [MAINTAINER] patches handled and why aren't PRs FIFO?

Matthias Andree mandree at FreeBSD.org
Thu Apr 28 20:52:33 UTC 2011

Am 28.04.2011 21:07, schrieb Chip Camden:
> Correct me if I'm wrong, but as I understand it committers have commit
> privilege for all ports.  What if certain qualified port maintainers who
> aren't committers were nevertheless given commit access for only the leaf
> ports that they maintain?  Wouldn't that speed up the overall process?

It looks like you're asking for a technical solution to a non-technical
problem.  Chris Rees has posted an archive link, and my take is that
we're already trying to ask such "qualified port maintainers" to become
ports committers and not care too much about how fine-grained ports
access is.