How are [MAINTAINER] patches handled and why aren't PRs FIFO?

Matthias Andree mandree at FreeBSD.org
Thu Apr 28 18:52:39 UTC 2011

Am 28.04.2011 01:25, schrieb Jerry:
> On Thu, 28 Apr 2011 00:54:45 +0200
> Olli Hauer <ohauer at FreeBSD.org> articulated:
>
>> Maybe you have some time to spend?
>
> Before I could reasonable be expected to set aside time, I would need a
> detailed job description, etcetera. Perhaps you can supply me with one?

See, and that's what committers might think, too: 'before I do lots of
paperwork, I get something else done.'  Be that some PR filed by someone
else than you, or reading a book rather than doing ports work. :-)
Counting recreation into "something else" because it's also useful to
make any headway sustainably.