FreeBSD Port: squeezeboxserver-7.5.3, build okay but fails to start.

spotter spotter at eastlink.ca
Wed Apr 27 14:32:26 UTC 2011

I am having the exact same problem with a brand new FreeBSD 8.1-RELEASE
install and a fresh squeezeboxserver (v7.5.3) port build.
(Slimserver was working fine under FreeBSD 6.2, until I tried to get
miniDLNA working, as well, for a BluRay player access to same music library.
sigh)
Any solutions worked out for squeezeboxserver v7.5.3 under FreeBSD
8.1-RELEASE?