saving a few ports from death

Charlie Kester corky1951 at comcast.net
Tue Apr 26 22:09:15 UTC 2011

On Tue 26 Apr 2011 at 14:34:00 PDT Charlie Kester wrote:
>On Tue 26 Apr 2011 at 14:27:47 PDT Charlie Kester wrote:
>>FWIW, here are some popularity/vitality stats from freshmeat for
>>unmaintained ports in the sysutils category.
>
>Drat, the mailinglist rejected the attachment.  If anyone wants to see
>it, send me a private email and I'll reply with a copy.

Here are the top ten most "popular" unmaintained ports from this
category, in case someone's looking for one to adopt:

"name"	"popularity"	"vitality"
"k3b"	754.12	120.91
"sg3_utils"	444.46	41.9
"LPRng"	303.65	5.13
"afio"	292.62	2.44
"anteater"	237.11	4.26
"bchunk"	215.97	2.71
"userinfo"	211.26	23.51
"ddrescue"	210.72	8.82
"cpuburn"	207.73	1
"cw"	207.28	11.25

k3b looks like an obvious choice.

I restricted my search to this category while hammering out my approach.
Now that I have my code proved out, I'm going to expand it to look at
all unmaintained ports regardless of category.   Any suggestions for
where I should post the results?  (That is, unless you think the
bitbucket is the only suitable place for it.)