Errors during Upgrade netpbm-10.26.64_4 to netpbm-10.35.80_2

Peter Jeremy peterjeremy at acm.org
Mon Apr 25 22:05:06 UTC 2011

On 2011-Apr-22 14:20:06 +0200, Christoph Moench-Tegeder <cmt at burggraben.net> wrote:
>THe current graphics/netpbm port does not compile if there's an older
>version of netpbm installed - /usr/local/include/pm.h from the older
>netpbm takes precedence over the port's lib/pm.h but misses some macros
>(well, it's an upgrade...) as PM_GNU_PRINTF_ATTR(a, b) which then confuse
>the compiler.

Note that just deleting /usr/local/include/pm.h isn't enough to make
netpbm-10.35.80_2 compile so there are more incompatibilities than that.

>pkg_delete -f the old netpbm and re-install the port, worked for me.

Followed by 'portmaster --check-depends' or equivalent to clean up
the dangling dependencies.

Since netpbm isn't solely a leaf port, I believe this warrants an
entry in UPDATING.

--
Peter Jeremy