vlc configure errors

Doug Barton dougb at FreeBSD.org
Sat Apr 16 22:44:40 UTC 2011

I tried to build vlc with the following options, and it failed in the
configure phase. First the one clear and easy to address error:

configure: error: --enable-gnutls and --disable-libgcrypt are mutually
exclusive.

Fixing this allowed configure to proceed, build, and run just fine.

Next the odd ones:

checking for GOOM... no
configure: WARNING: Library libgoom2 needed for goom was not found
checking for PROJECTM... no
configure: WARNING: libprojectM library not found
checking for UDEV... no
configure: WARNING: Library libudev >= 142 needed for udev was not found
checking for MTP... no
configure: WARNING: Library libmtp >= 1.0.0 needed for mtp was not found

I'm not sure what those are, or what features they enable, but we seem
to have ports for at least one of them?

hth,

Doug

PS, my options were as follows: