libxul dumps core with 'illegal hardware instruction' with newly ported 'pytrainer'

Stefan Walter stefan at freebsd.org
Wed Apr 6 10:27:37 UTC 2011

Andrew W. Nosenko, 05.04.11, 13:39h CEST:

> On Tue, Apr 5, 2011 at 10:06, Stefan Walter <stefan at freebsd.org> wrote:
> > (I didn't get any replies on freebsd-gecko@, so I thought I'd just send it
> > on freebsd-ports@, too.)
> >
> > Hi,
> >
> > I'm working on a port for pytrainer (see [1]), which uses libxul to
> > display GPS tracks via Google Maps or OSM. Starting the software, it
> > crashes with "illegal hardware instruction" and leaves a core dump behind.
>
> Something compiled for CPU model higher than CPU, which actually run
> the resulting binary?

I don't think so. Everything's compiled from ports on the machine I run it
on, without any special CFLAGS. I usually don't even enable additional
optimizations for ports that offer them.

I originally thought it might be the Linux Flash plugin, but uninstalling
it didn't help.

Regards,
Stefan