FreeBSD Port: amule-10275

Paolo Bormida pbormida at gmail.com
Thu Sep 30 21:06:31 UTC 2010

2010/9/30 Anonymous <swell.k at gmail.com>

> Paolo Bormida <pbormida at gmail.com> writes:
>
> > I understand maintaing a port is an huge gift to the FreeBSD
> > community, and gratitude goes to those, such as you, that do this
> > job.
>
> Keep the thanks for previous maintainers. It seems like I've contributed
> only confusion.

Have you received any other email about the new port?

> In such cases there are usually two ports, e.g.
>
>  net-p2p/amule (latest release)
>  net-p2p/amule-devel (svn snapshot)
>
> Now, if you're willing to maintain non-devel port I can write you a diff
> and request my pending repocopy in ports/150985 to include amule-devel.

Haven't thought about that, but yes, usually two ports are used, one to
track the development branch of an app and the other for releases.

Given how much I have bothered you, I should contribute, and would be happy
to do so, but I am sorry at this moment in life I have so little time left
that I would be of no help.

Not to mention I would have to get the skills required to build the port,
since I have little experience in FreeBSD and none in making a port.

Best