libgpod

Romain Tartière romain at FreeBSD.org
Thu Sep 30 18:54:36 UTC 2010

Hi

On Wed, Sep 29, 2010 at 02:21:26PM -0500, Sam Fourman Jr. wrote:
> would anyone happen to have a port patch for the new libgpod
> http://sourceforge.net/projects/gtkpod/files/libgpod/libgpod-0.7.9x/libgpod-0.7.95.tar.gz/download

I was just digging in this: multimedia/banshee can conditionally depend
on it's mono binding which are only available in the 0.7.9x serie.  The
current situation is:
  - I don't track the projects and am not sure about it, but it's likely
    0.7.9x are development versions that should lead to 0.8.0 and the
    maintainer is maybe not willing to update before that point is
    reached.  A workaround may be to create a libgpod-devel port;
  - It has extra dependencies, at least libplist for which no port
    already exists (but I did one [1] which I am not satisfied about yet
    but my priority is testing Banshee for regressions.

So basically I have a port for libgpod-0.7.95 [2] which probably needs
to be split in 3 parts: the library itselt, the python bindings
(libgpod-python ?) and the mono bindings (libgpod-sharp ?).  Since the
maintainer have told he will give a look for an update next week, he
might be interested by both links and can possibly give some advices
regarding splitting the port ?

Thanks!
Romain