cupsd.conf.N is missing here

dan glimp at live.com
Sat Sep 25 18:17:59 UTC 2010

On 24.09.2010 22:01, dan wrote:
> On 24.09.2010 21:47, Ruslan Mahmatkhanov wrote:
>> 24.09.2010 22:14, dan пишет:
>>> Hi list!
>>>
>>> I was backing up cups-base using pkg_create (pkg_create -b). The
>>> "process" stops and tar complaints that it can not find
>>> etc/cups/cupsd.conf.N under /usr/local.
>>>
>>> Port is cups-base-1.4.4 . Should that file be here ?
>>
>> Yes it should.
>> smeshariki2# ls -la | grep cupsd
>> -rw-r----- 1 root cups 4037 31 июл 01:56 cupsd.conf
>> -r--r--r-- 1 root wheel 4037 31 июл 01:56 cupsd.conf.N
>> -rw-r----- 1 root cups 4037 31 июл 01:56 cupsd.conf.default
>>
>> also check port's pkg-plist.
>>

> Thank you :-)
>
> and...this is what I get (ls -la | grep cupsd)
>
> -rw-r----- 1 root cups 2913 17 Set 12:00 cupsd.conf
> -rw-r----- 1 root cups 2820 17 Set 11:44 cupsd.conf.O
> -rw-r----- 1 root cups 4037 16 Set 20:10 cupsd.conf.default
>
> it's interesting : I have a .O file .
>
> And these are other .O files (ls -la *O)
>
> -rw-r----- 1 root cups 2820 17 Set 11:44 cupsd.conf.O
> -rw------- 1 root cups 1077 17 Set 22:17 printers.conf.O

News.

Probably and hopefully there is no hardware fault behind those .O files.

Let's consider this cupsd.conf.N ...

As of my tests HERE, if "cupsd.conf.N" exists and if the contents of
"cupsd.conf" get changed through CUPS web interface, the following happens

- "cupsd.conf.N" is renamed "cupsd.conf.O"

So, as of my tests, any change in cupsd.conf via the CUPS web interface
will then result in "pkg_create -b cups-base-1.4.4" to fail because it
can not find any cupsd.conf.N anymore.

If anyone else notices this behaviour and consider it necessary to send
a bug report, I am open to send it.