[CFT] games/aquaria: Underwater 2D Fantasy Action-Adventure

Anonymous swell.k at gmail.com
Wed Sep 22 13:13:53 UTC 2010

Dmitry Marakasov <amdmi3 at amdmi3.ru> writes:

> * Anonymous (swell.k at gmail.com) wrote:
>
>> Are such PITA to install games desired in the ports tree, anyway?
>
> I think in this case -data port is not needed. Sources should be
> packaged and put somewhere, and the game should show a pkg-message
> with instructions on how to obtain and where to put the data. We
> have similar ports in tree already - see openttd or reminiscence.

OK, but the port's *.lua scripts in DATADIR may conflict with the ones
from game data directory. I've left a note about it in pkg-message for now.

> Actually I've had all humble indie bundle ports in my TODO list for a
> while, and it's nice to see someone did this faster than me :) If
> you plan to port other games, I have a wip port for lugaru
> (http://hg.amdmi3.ru/ports/games/lugaru).

Nah, I only wanted to test the game. Feel free to include and modify the
port in your repo[1]. And I'd suggest using Andrew Church's repo for
distfile, it allows to build the game against system lua, freetype,
libvorbis, libogg which would reduce the cost of maintaining them
separately from their ports.

[1] it'd free me from having to find the place to host distfile, too