update bacula-server 5.0.2 -> 5.0.3, Undefined symbol "ASN1_INTEGER_it

Jeremy Chadwick freebsd at jdc.parodius.com
Wed Sep 22 01:16:17 UTC 2010

On Tue, Sep 21, 2010 at 08:42:09PM -0400, Wesley Shields wrote:
> On Tue, Sep 21, 2010 at 07:51:26PM -0400, Dan Langille wrote:

> > That sounds OK.
> >
> > > Should probably rename bacula-server to just "bacula" then as it will
> > > include both the client and the server. And have separate ports for
> > > server and client if that's all the user wants. Conflicts will have to
> > > be set accordingly.
> >
> > We had bacula before.... Why don't we just keep it as bacula-server and
> > add an announcement that it now installs bacula-fd by default.
>
> Because if it installs both the client and server portions (like Olli is
> suggesting) we should probably rename it to just "bacula" again. I would
> expect that if I installed a "bacula-server" port that I would get just
> the server portion and no client portion.

For sake of comparison, this isn't how the MySQL port works.  Installing
mysql51-server pulls in mysql51-client.  But installing mysql51-client
doesn't pull in mysql51-server.  I believe there are other ports which
behave the same way as this.

The concept makes sense when you consider that the server is a
centralised piece of software (usually installed on one machine), and
may need to run the client itself (e.g. backup itself).  While other
machines in the cluster are just clients (they get backed up by the
server).

Hope this makes sense.  :-)