ports - dovecot

Jerry freebsd-ports.user at seibercom.net
Sat Sep 18 19:26:41 UTC 2010

On Sat, 18 Sep 2010 11:01:35 -0700
Jim Pazarena <fports at paz.bz> articulated:

> On 8/24/2010 4:48 PM, Denny Lin wrote:
> >
> > I submitted ports/149866 a few days ago to update Dovecot to 1.2.13.
> > Still awaiting maintainer approval.
> >
> > I'll submit another PR to update Dovecot to 1.2.14 this afternoon.
>
> did you have any success with a response from the Dovecot maintainer?
>
> dovecot is now at 2.0.3, and it would be convenient to have it in
> the ports system.

While the rate at which Timo has been issuing patches for Dovecot has
somewhat slowed, it has by no means totally subsided. I wouldn't be
at all surprised to see 2.0.4 issued in a few days or so. Timo
mentioned it today in a post.

Waiting until the application stabilizes might not be such a bad idea.

--
Jerry ✌
FreeBSD-Ports.user at seibercom.net