editors/vim installs to /

Wesley Shields wxs at FreeBSD.org
Fri Sep 17 23:24:38 UTC 2010

On Fri, Sep 17, 2010 at 03:51:42PM -0700, Rob Farmer wrote:
> On Fri, Sep 17, 2010 at 13:54, Wesley Shields <wxs at freebsd.org> wrote:
> > While I agree that editors/vim could use the changes you're discussing,
> > do you really think such a comment is needed? Attacks like that are not
> > necessary. Let your code speak for itself.
> >
> > -- WXS
>
> This port has major issues and numerous polite requests (including
> with patches) to fix them have been summarily ignored or rejected. So
> don't act surprised when people start to get annoyed by the situation.

I'm not surprised. I'm pointing out that attacks like that are not going
to further the cause of getting the port the care you think it deserves.

Unfortunately I don't know what the answer is beyond polite requests and
patches to fix the problems as you see them. I do know that attacks are
not the answer and are in fact harmful to achieving a goal.

-- WXS