autoconf update

Doug Barton dougb at FreeBSD.org
Fri Sep 17 04:41:58 UTC 2010

On 9/16/2010 6:15 PM, Doug Barton wrote:
> On 9/16/2010 3:35 PM, Anonymous wrote:
>> Dominic Fandrey<kamikaze at bsdforen.de> writes:

>> My guess is to uncover *early* build failures that exp-run didn't catch.
>
> We shouldn't use our users to beta-test infrastructure changes.

Sorry, I'm not feeling well atm and realize that I didn't write what I
was thinking here. What I intended to say was that we _don't_
intentionally use the ports system to force our users to beta test
changes. I think it goes without saying that we _shouldn't_ do this,
although I think that changes like this are a platinum-coated example of
why we need to have -stable and -dev branches for ports.

Doug

			-- Propellerheads