[ports/net/isc-dhcp*] Don't stop DHCP related daemons

Chip Camden sterling at camdensoftware.com
Wed Sep 15 17:47:47 UTC 2010

Quoth Jerry on Wednesday, 15 September 2010:
> On Wed, 15 Sep 2010 08:15:56 -0700
> Chip Camden <sterling at camdensoftware.com> articulated:
>
> > Please don't automatically stop/start anything that might be critical.
> > I've had enough of Windows' automatic reboots after automatic
> > upgrades, and I never want to go back.
>
> You do realize that, that is extremely easy to deactivate?
>
> --
> Jerry ???
> FreeBSD-Ports.user at seibercom.net
>
> Disclaimer: off-list followups get on-list replies or get ignored.
> Please do not ignore the Reply-To header.
> Sacred cows make great hamburgers.

Of course -- but clients and other users tend to enable it by default.
Then your software gets blamed for being "down" because something
prevented the reboot from coming back cleanly.

--
Sterling (Chip) Camden    | sterling at camdensoftware.com | 2048D/3A978E4F
http://camdensoftware.com | http://chipstips.com        | http://chipsquips.com