libthr and libc

Alex Dupre ale at FreeBSD.org
Tue Sep 7 10:30:47 UTC 2010

Alexander Pyhalov ha scritto:
> Yes, it was the case.  And it was not rather simple to find out this :)

Did I win anything? ;-)

> And one more interesting thing. I have a sample threaded application. On
> one system it was implicitly linked to libthr (on 8.0-stable), and on
> other system (8.1-RELEASE) it had to be explicitly stated "-lpthr"...

Hmmm, too few details to answer. What changed (not related to this
point) from 8.0 and 8.1 is that if you unload (dlclose) a shared library
that was linked with libthr, the libthr library will not be unloaded
(previously bad things were happening, since pthread_* functions
pointers were wrong after unload).

--
Alex Dupre