lang/php5 extensions and autoconf - make configure aborts
john.marshall at riverwillow.com.au
Sun Oct 24 20:38:14 UTC 2010
I tripped over this when attempting to build 3 different php5 extensions
# cd /usr/ports/textproc/php5-xsl
# make clean configure
===> Cleaning for php5-xsl-5.3.3_2
===> php5-xsl-5.3.3_2 depends on file: /usr/local/bin/autoconf-2.68 - found
===> PHPizing for php5-xsl-5.3.3_2
PHP Api Version: 20090626
Zend Module Api No: 20090626
Zend Extension Api No: 220090626
Cannot find autoconf. Please check your autoconf installation and the
$PHP_AUTOCONF environment variable. Then, rerun this script.
*** Error code 1
Stop in /usr/ports/textproc/php5-xsl.
I was puzzled because the autoconf dependendency was fine. If I set the
environment variable $PHP_AUTOCONF to point to /usr/local/bin/autoconf
then the make would fall over with a similar error regarding autoheader.
If I also set $PHP_AUTOHEADER to point to /usr/local/bin/autoheader then
the build (of whichever extension) worked.
I had another look this morning and noticed that make configure on
lang/php5 was clean but make configure on extensions was failing. I
wondered what would happen if I rebuilt lang/php5. Rebuilding and
reinstalling lang/php5 cleared the problem and extensions now build
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: not available
Size: 196 bytes
Desc: not available
Url : http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-ports/attachments/20101024/0379ab8f/attachment.pgp
More information about the freebsd-ports