Correction of the Ports documentation

Sahil Tandon sahil at FreeBSD.org
Thu Oct 21 23:28:18 UTC 2010

[replying on-list for posterity]

On Thu, 2010-10-21 at 10:51:28 +0200, Carsten Jensen wrote:

> I followed the ports guide on freebsd.org perhaps you could get
> someone to fix the documentation there if my package is wrong.
>
> http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/porters-handbook/porting-submitting.html

I do not see a problem with that section of the document; perhaps you
did not fully adhere to the following (emphasis mine):

"assuming your port is called oneko, cd to the directory *above* where
the oneko directory is located, and then type the following: shar `find
oneko` > oneko.shar"

--
Sahil Tandon <sahil at FreeBSD.org>