XBMC port

Mickaël Maillot mickael.maillot at gmail.com
Tue Oct 5 11:05:05 UTC 2010

hi,

you can test my pre version of xbmc port

some infos:
- i host xbmc files because i can't find a recent tar.gz
- internal video player crash on my intel graphic, you can use mplayer
as external video player
ex: http://fneufn.eu/freebsd/xbmc/playercorefactory.xml in ~/.xbmc/userdata/
- vdpau works fine
- skin aeon65 crash xbmc
- only python 2.4, 2.5 and 2.6 are supported
- with pulse, i can choose /dev/dsp audio output
- good luck with custom alsa output (ex: alsa:surround51 works)
- if you want correct utf8, start xbmc with:
LANG=fr_FR.UTF-8 /usr/local/bin/xbmc/xbmc.sh
- xbmc.bin need XBMC_BIN_HOME and XBMC_HOME defined to start
defaults are (already added in xbmc.sh):
XBMC_BIN_HOME=/usr/local/lib/xbmc
XBMC_HOME=/usr/local/share/xbmc
- timezone doesn't work
- plist without: faac, hal, nonfree or avahi option can be wrong

The port can be downloaded from:
http://fneufn.eu/freebsd/xbmc/xbmc.shar