Ports - installation & upgrade history

David Southwell david at vizion2000.net
Tue Nov 30 18:24:49 UTC 2010

Hi

I was idly wondering how easy/difficult it might be to maintain and access an
historical record of port installations and upgrades on a particular system.

Something fairly comprehensive that would enable one to see when a port was
first installed, its original version number, when it was
upgraded/deinstalled/reinstalled and subsequent changes to the installed
version. Maybe also time/date when a port tree was updated and which ports
were affected by those updates.

I dont suppose there a convenient way of obtaining this information by
default? If not is there a port which would do it?

Thoughts

Photographic Artist
Permanent Installations & Design
Creative Imagery and Advanced Digital Techniques
High Dynamic Range Photography & Official Portraiture
Combined darkroom & digital creations
& Systems Adminstrator for the vizion2000.net network