dbf2mysql and hardcoded mysql-client version dependency

Miroslav Lachman 000.fbsd at quip.cz
Sun Nov 28 20:43:19 UTC 2010

Matthew Seaman wrote:
> On 28/11/2010 19:01, Miroslav Lachman wrote:
>> Can somebody explain me, why databases/dbf2mysql has hardcoded
>> dependency to mysql323-client?
>>
>> The Makefile contains:
>>
>> LIB_DEPENDS=    mysqlclient.10:${PORTSDIR}/databases/mysql323-client
>>
>> But it is unbuildable
>
> The sources to dbf2mysql were last modified around 2000, when mysql-3.2x
> was current.  Since then, it seems to have been pretty much abandoned.
>
> A good candidate for deletion from the ports on grounds of obsolescence.

I know the original source is too old, but patch in the PR 64305 has
comment:
"MySQL >3.23.49 and >4.0.2, new option -L enables it"

And as I search the web, other OS distributions have versions with 5.0.x
dependency in repositories.

I will try to fix it by try & error method, as I am not C programmer.

Miroslav Lachman