multimedia/vlc Compile failure on upgrade

David Southwell david at vizion2000.net
Sun Nov 21 15:17:37 UTC 2010

> On Sun, 21 Nov 2010 12:12:11 +0000
>
> David Southwell <david at vizion2000.net> wrote:
> > I posted about this failure some time ago but have had no useful
> > response. I jhave also not heard from the maintainer so I thought
> > another posting might be helpful. I understand others have a similar
> > problem.
> >
> > Thanks in advance for any assistance
>
> Which version of FreeBSD are you using?
>
> The posix_spawn_file_actions stuff didn't appear until 8.0.
>
> There's a patch under files for older versions of FreeBSD, but it looks
> like the patch doesn't match this version of vlc.
Version is Freebsd 7.2 p3

Somone also reported the identical failure with 7.3

David

Photographic Artist
Permanent Installations & Design
Creative Imagery and Advanced Digital Techniques
High Dynamic Range Photography & Official Portraiture
Combined darkroom & digital creations
& Systems Adminstrator for the vizion2000.net network