How to detect filename conflicts with uninstalled ports?

Charlie Kester corky1951 at comcast.net
Sun Nov 21 04:58:01 UTC 2010

On Sat 20 Nov 2010 at 20:34:30 PST Robert Huff wrote:

>Charlie Kester writes:
>
>>  But I expect these two find & greps will detect the majority of
>>  filename conflicts.  Unless someone has a better recommendation,
>>  I'll settle for less than perfect.
>
>	If this is a one-time thing, your best policy might be to
>provide the (proposed) name and see if anyone raises a red flag.

Two names, actually: "box" and "boxer".

I'm amazed these names don't seem to be taken.  I remember boxer as the
name of an editor on another platform, but it was never ported to BSD.

There's "boxes" which is a little utility for formatting comment blocks
and similar text.  But no "box".  Weird.

Anyway, the "box" I have in mind is a programming language for graphics.
http://boxc.sourceforge.net.  Boxer is the name of its Python-based GUI.
I have the portfiles ready to submit, assuming my tinderbox run goes OK.
This query was one of my final sanity checks.